EB1-B is a subcategory for a priority worker. It is called as the green card for the outstanding professors or researchers without a labor certification. Through this immigrant visa, they can work for an U.S. university or a private employer. To be qualified for this visa, the alien worker must be internationally recognized as outstanding in a certain scientific or scholarly field. With this visa, the applicant’s spouse and unmarried children below 21 years of age can get a green card too. The U.S. employer must file petition with the USCIS as a petitioner (the beneficiary is the foreign person)
Conditions to apply for EB1-B
- The priority worker must be recognized in a certain scientific or scholarly field.
- He/she must have 3 years of experience teaching or doing research in his academic field.
- Self-petitioning is not allowed for EB1-B; the U.S. employer is the petitioner and employee is the beneficiary.
- No labor certification is required; however, offer of ongoing employment is required.
In order to be eligible, the foreign worker must be able to produce certain evidences pertaining to his/her experience and awards/recognition.
Advantages of the EB1-B
- No labor certification or an LCA is required. The employer can skip the LCA process and directly provide the job offer to the individual through EB1-B.
- Since this is a green card, the card holder can travel in and out of the United States
- The spouse of EB1-B holder can work and their children can attend school in the U.S.
How to apply for EB1-B?
- The process begins with filing I-140 which is called the Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker.
- In case the beneficiary is in the U.S. while filing, he has to file I-485 which is the form for Adjustment of Status from Non-immigrant to Immigrant.
- The next step involves visa processing which requires filing the DS-260, Immigrant Visa Application with the U.S. Consulate.
- The last step is to take the EB1-B visa interview.
Why to Choose PAIS?
- Excellent and extensive documentation skills
- Vast knowledge of the immigration field
- High success rate for all kinds of visas/petitions
- 24X7 support from the team